CEDARS , BECHARREH & KOZHAYA
The tour starts with the forest of Cedars followed by the visit of the Gebran Museum the international poet of Lebanese origin. Lunch and ends with visit the convent of St Anthony of Kozhaya, one of the numerous convents of the Holy Valley.
The most venerable representatives of the Cedars of Lebanon, which once covered the country's mountains, are in the Besharre region in the North of Lebanon. Hundreds of trees stand on slopes 2,000 meters high in the shadow of the 3,088 meter peak of Qornet es- Sawda.From Lebanon's cedar forests, Solomon got the timber to build his temple and palace, while the Egyptians Pharaohs used the wood carve their sarcophagi and 'sunships'.
In the north, the picturesque gateway to the Cedars of Lebanon, is the birthplace of the famous Lebanese poet Gibran Khalil Gibran. Here one may visit the Gibran Museum and the many ancient churches and monastries.
is part of the Holy valley where Maronites used to during the Ottaman's period. Monastry of St-Antoine of Kozhaya is one of the numerous monasteries built in this valley. It is built partly inside in the mountain and party outside it. It is surrounded by a very beautiful panorama of forest and valley.
- Rates include transportation in deluxe motor coaches or vans, services of professional guides, VAT and entrance fees.
- Lunches served in selected Lebanese restaurants with one small glass of arak.
- Children up to 4 years are free of charge but have no seat.
- Children between 4 and 12 years get $10 discount on all full day tours on the regular tour rate.
- All prices and programs are subject to change without prior notice.