Why get Travel Insurance for your Cruise holiday?
Key reasons to purchase Travel Insurance:
* Overseas medical & dental expense cover
* 24/7 emergency assistance
* Medical costs are not covered by Medicare
- Medical costs on your cruise are not covered by Medicare, or private health insurance.
Whether you are sailing in domestic waters or internationally, you are personally liable for any medical expenses and associated costs incurred at anytime before the cruise, onboard or overseas.
- You may not be able to medically disembark from certain ports of call without Travel Insurance.
While there is medical care onboard, it is only there to stabilise your condition. Once disembarked, the medical attention you need, may require repatriation which can be extremely costly.
- Travel Delays and Luggage.
Travel Insurance can cover flight delays and reimburse you for additional expenses. Luggage cover can also protect you for lost luggage.
Avoid high holiday expenses.
Travel Insurance covers you for medical expenses, existing medical conditions, and hospitalisation. Daily hospital bills can cost as much as AUD $5,000 per day.